For operators and business owners living in Southern Ontario, finding OHSA-approved skid steer training is easier than ever.
For more than 20+ years, CNLiftSafety has been building operator resumes and business rosters with streamlined skid steer training solutions in Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, and the surrounding areas, and we can do the same for you.
Read on to learn more about skid steer training requirements and course curriculum, or call (416)-726-6206 to speak directly with a course coordinator in Mississauga, ON.
Although there is no license requirement to drive a skid steer, skid steer training and certification is required for safe operation in warehouses, factories, construction sites, and other professional settings.
Without proper training, employees and employers not only face serious fines and liabilities, but also:
● Risk of damaging the workplace or materials—As with all tracked vehicles, the high ground friction produced by skid steers can rip up soft or fragile road surfaces, especially if operators struggle with the skid steers’ unique differential steering.
● Skid steer limitations—Skid steers are compatible with a wide range of attachments, including backhoes, hydraulic breakers, pallet forks, angle brooms, augers, mowers, snow blowers, tillers, rollers, wheel saws, cement mixers, and more. Without proper training, you will not be able to make full use of these versatile attachments and applications, and employers will not get their money’s worth on heavy equipment.
● Risks of serious injury or death—Operators who fail to observe standardized safety precautions will be at risk of serious injury or death due to rollover accidents, crushing or pinning under moving parts, or environmental hazards encountered during operation (e.g. electrical wires, gas, or dangerous goods).
● Poor operator productivity and career prospects—Without knowledge of industry best practices for skid steer operation, maintenance and inspection, your skid steer operators cannot perform at their best. For operators, skid steer training and certification is a stamp of approval and endorsement of your coachability, safety knowledge, and on-site productivity, which makes you imminently more hireable in today’s competitive market.
Since 1999, CNLiftSafety has been a trusted provider of skid steer training & certification for individual operators, warehouse teams, and workplace educators. In that time, we’ve built operator resumes and business rosters all across Southern Ontario, delivering streamlined training solutions, fully tailored to the individual and designed to meet and exceed OHSA standards.
Whether you need upgrade training, re-certification, refresher courses, or “Train the Trainer” programs, you’ll find it all at our academy in Mississauga, ON.
Whatever your skid steer training and certification needs, we guarantee:
● All programs are designed in accordance with the parameters set out by the Occupational Health and Safety Act, REGULATION 851: INDUSTRIAL ESTABLISHMENTS as they pertain to skid steer operation, including safety protocols (Section 4), on-premise considerations (Sections 9-20), material handling (Sections 45-76), and more;
● All programs are designed in accordance with the requirements stipulated in CSA Standard B335-15, including theory for skid steer construction (Clause 5), standards for inspection, maintenance and repair (Clause 8), key elements of skid steer safety (Clause 4), and more;
● Knowledge pertaining to all modern skid steer makes and models;
● Balance of theoretical (classroom) and practical components conducted in a simulated workplace;
● Access to 50+ instructors;
● Skid steer training and certification available in multiple languages, and more!
To get a free quote on skid steer training for you or your staff, you can:
● Call (416)-726-6206 to speak directly with a skid steer training coordinator
● Write email@example.com to request a callback at your convenience
● Fill out our online contact form