Fall Protection Training & Certification in Waterloo, ON
Fall protection training & certification saves money, saves lives
In Canada, more than 40,000 workers suffer fall injuries on the job every single year, and when heavy-duty equipment and aerial lifts are involved, those injuries can be catastrophic.
For employers, every fall represents a significant chunk of lost work productivity, estimated around 11 days and $1600 of losses per minor injury, and as much as $59,000 per major injury, according to one study by the Injury Prevention journal (Peterson et al., 2021).
For employees, fall injuries cause serious pain, physical and financial suffering, and in some cases, even claim lives.
Fortunately, fall injuries can be prevented with proper fall protection training and certification, and CNLiftSafety is here to help.
Do I need fall protection training and certification in Waterloo, ON?
According to the Government of Ontario and OHSA Regulation 213/91: Construction Projects, all employees need fall protection training and certification if they work on sites involving the use of:
- Travel restraint systems
- Fall restricting systems
- Fall arrest systems
- Safety nets
- Work belts
- Safety belts
Broadly speaking, this means all aerial work platform operators will need some form of fall protection training and certification.
This training is in addition to the equipment-specific training required by section 26.2 of Ontario Regulation 213/91—and we can help you with those, too.
Invest in safety: Fall protection training & certification near me
At CNLiftSafety, every fall protection training & certification program is:
- Fully compliant with the requirements for working at heights set out in Ontario Regulation 297/13: Occupational Health and Safety Awareness Training, including Scaffolds and Work Platforms (Sections 126-136), Elevating Work Platforms (Sections 143-149), Electrical Hazards (Sections 181-195), and more
- Designed in accordance with standards approved by the Ministry of Labour, Immigration, Training and Skills Development’s Chief Prevention Officer
- Delivered by a qualified trainer who has been approved by the standards set by the Chief Prevention Officer
- Offered by multiple instructors in multiple languages
- Complete with comprehensive in-class training and practical skills development with modern equipment in a simulated work environment
- Available evenings and weekends, 7 days per week
We have more than 20 years experience providing fall protection training and certification to operators and business owners throughout Waterloo and the surrounding areas and our on-site testimonials speak to our commitment to quality education.
To get a free quote on an OHSA-approved fall protection training & certification program near you, you can: